People of Eastern cultures have for millenniums been practitioners and partakers of natural cures like Ayurveda, Unani, and other traditional and generational applications of natural medicines. In places like rural Sri Lanka about 60% to 70% of the population rely on traditional natural medicine for their primary health care.
People in Western civilizations are more prone to using expensive and addictive pharmaceuticals, many of them petroleum based. Consequently this practice is creating generations of prescription drug addicts.
Lately though, many westerners have realized the adverse effects of using addictive chemical drugs, and the enlightened are turning to natural plant based cures.
Accordingly, natural medicines derived from spices (and herbs) is the fastest growing segment of the spice industry.
Keep informed about this medical miracle in this dedicated section of The Spice Journal.
Global market for Natural Medicines estimated to be $100,000,000,000
India’s new supervision has launched a expostulate to foster a country’s ancient therapies as it seeks to money in on […]
The use of Ayurveda medicine in increasing, throughout the world
With awareness about Ayurveda on the rise in many countries, the support of India has been sought to unify the […]
Banned medicinal herbs in Nepal being smuggled to Tibet
Smuggling of medicinal herbs from different districts of the far-west, despite the government’s ban on the sale of such herbs, […]
It could be Ayurveda Medicine
Nepal can reap benefits from trade in services by developing niche products in health, education, information technology (IT) and tourism […]
Compound found in Tea and Cocoa will reverse age-related memory loss
In case anyone needed another reason to love chocolate, a new study suggests that a natural compound found in cocoa, […]
About essential oil derived from ginger
Though unattractive in its natural appearance, ginger is one of the most highly valued spices in the world. Not only […]
Minister urges research on Ayurveda medicine
KATHMANDU: Minister for Health and Population, Khagraj Adhikari today spoke of the need of research on ayurveda and traditional medicine. […]
Turmeric is a true wonder of Natural Medicines, and it also shares the same wonderful qualities as a spice.
Turmeric (Curcuma Longa), a true wonder of folk medicine, is indigenous across southern Asia. It is related to ginger botanically, […]
Uses For Tea-Tree Essential Oil
TSG Tree Tree Oil | Essential Oil Series Tea-tree essential oil is an antibacterial powerhouse, making it so useful around […]
World’s oldest alcoholic drink, Lithuanian Mead, returning to India.
VILNIUS, LITHUANIA: The world’s oldest alcoholic drink – the recipe of which finds mention in the ancient Indian text Rig […]
Drug from Indian spices to fight hypertension.
The search for an affordable drug to treat hypertension without side effects has led scientists to the Indian kitchen. Some […]
Therapeutic Values and Intrinsic Properties of Spices
– “exploring the use of spices as ingredients in Ayurveda pharmaceuticals…”
Medicinal Value of Beetle
– “scientific studies reveal that betel leaf is devoid of mutagenic and carcinogenic effects”
Medical Values of Spices
– “concept of balancing and enhancing the immune system, is recognized as being paramount”
Are Spices Good for You?
– “contain valuable oils that have many health benefits and most of them are also good sources of..”
Buyers beware, DNA doesn’t lie.
“when buying herbal products people need to know they may not be getting what they pay for”…
Therapeutic Values of Spices
Therapeutic values and intrinsic medicinal properties of spices by W. M. B. Weerasooriya
Medical Properties of Spices
Medicinal properties and pharmacological applications of commonly used spices by C. L. Thilakarathne
Spices for Health and Wellness
“Spices for Health and Wellness” is the theme selected by The Sri Lankan Ministry of Minor Export Crop.
Ayurveda Health Care System in Sri Lanka
– “currently 62 Ayurveda Hospitals and 208 central dispensaries in the public system…”
Spices Used in Unani Medicine
– ” the indigenous system of Unani natural medicine includes many spices that are frequently used in food preparation…”
Unani Natural Medicine
– “a science of which we ascertain various states of the body when in health and when not in health”
Ayurveda Facilities in Nepal
– ” the Central Ayurveda Hospital is a 118 bed facility located in Naradevi, Kathmandu..”
Ayurveda Facilities in Sri Lanka
– “60% to 70% of the rural population relies on traditional and natural medicine for their primary health care..”
History of Ayurveda Natural Medicine in Sri Lanka
– “it is believed that Ravana, of Ramayana fame, was well versed in Ayurveda medicine and that he taught ..”